Home / Admissions / Visa and legalisation

Visa and legalisation

Visas and residence permit

If you are a citizen of an EU/EFTA member country, United Kingdom or other country listed by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, no visa is required. As a student, you are entitled to enter Poland with a valid travel document. Although you do not need to have a visa to come to Poland, remember to register your stay, if you plan to stay in Poland longer than 90 days. Check the information concerning registration in Poland below.

If you are a citizen of other country and you wish to study in Poland, you are required to obtain a Polish visa before your arrival Poland. Contact the Polish Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence for more detailed information. It is important to remember that visas are granted for a maximum of one year. In order to extend the stay in Poland, you have to apply for a residence permit for specified period of time.

As a citizen of a non-EU/EFTA country which is not listed as visa free country, you may enter Poland and stay within its territory on a basis of Schengen or national visa.

Schengen Visa (visa type C) – is issued when the planned stay on the territory of the Schengen area does not exceed 90 days within each 180-day period.

National visa (visa type D) – entitles to enter and stay in the territory of Poland or to several consecutive stays which jointly last longer than 90 days, the period of validity of a national visa cannot exceed 1 year.

You will find detailed information concerning the visa requirements , the procedure and required documents, as well as the list of Polish diplomatic missions abroad at the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

If you have a dual citizenship (Polish and foreign) you are required to enter Poland using a Polish passport or Polish ID.

Here you can calculate the number of days which you have left on non-visa movement.

Residence permit

As a student or academic staying at the Wroclaw University of Health and Sport Sciences for more than three months you are obliged to obtain a temporary residence permit. In case of students, this document is issued for one year.

The residence permit is issued by the Citizens and foreign Affairs Department of the Lower Silesian Governor’s Office.

Temporary residence permit – required documents:

  • application for a temporary residence permit
  • recent colour photographs
  • a valid travel document (passport)
  • a confirmation, issued by the University office, of acceptance or continuation of your studies
  • proof of payment of the required tuition fee, (if applicable)
  • documents confirming having health insurance or coverage by the insurer of the cost of treatment in Poland
  • evidence of sufficient funds to cover the costs of living and return travel to the country of origin or residence and the cost of tuition

You will wind a detailed list of the required documents at sthe website of the Citizens and foreign Affairs Department of the Lower Silesian Governor’s Office.

Please remember that the documents issued in a foreign language should be submitted together with a certified translation into Polish made by a sworn translator.

Please note that the content of this website has an informative character and does not constitute the legal advice. For detailed information please check the website of the relevant authorities.

Scroll to Top